Treatment for Auto Accident Injuries in Hollywood, FL
Dr. Dewberry and the staff at Palms Rehab and Wellness in Hollywood, FL, welcome you to our natural healing center following your auto accident injury. In addition to being inconvenient, auto accidents may lead to painful and limiting injuries. If you are suffering pain following a car accident, we encourage you to visit with us as soon as possible. If you are not experiencing pain, we also suggest an evaluation of some auto accident injuries do not present with immediate pain but should be evaluated. Dr. Dewberry listens to your description of the accident and evaluates your body to determine why you are in pain and which of our chiropractic services best fit your healing needs.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Auto accident injuries affect different people in different ways, but many of the same injuries are seen in accident victims. For instance, you may have heard of whiplash, but do not understand which symptoms are included. Whiplash is a pain in your neck that is often accompanied by limited head-turning ability, dizziness, pain in the upper back, nausea, sight difficulties and fatigue. Our chiropractor evaluates your neck to determine if the collision caused your head to be forcefully moved forward and backward quickly. When this happens, the vertebrae in your neck may come out of alignment and require gentle adjustments to alleviate your pain. Also, muscles, ligaments, and tendons can be stretched and Dr. Dewberry places your neck into a healing position so your body can restore itself to full health.
Back pain is another common symptoms following an auto accident. The reasons for back pain may include:
- Small fractures of the vertebrae which need to be aligned properly with our chiropractor in order to heal without lasting concerns.
- Herniated discs in which the fluid-filled sacs between the area have been compromised and are now interfering with the nerves. Chiropractic adjustments and lifestyle changes help to increase space between the vertebrae so the discs can return to their natural place.
- Sciatica occurs when an interruption of the sciatic nerve has taken place. This may be caused by vertebrae out of alignment from an auto accident impact. Dr. Dewberry gently aligns your vertebrae to reduce the pressure on the nerve.
- Joint pain in your shoulders, wrists, elbows or knees, depending on the direction of the crash. Dr. Dewberry aligns your joints so they heal properly and without pain.
- Chest pain from the seatbelt or impact with the steering wheel. Our chiropractor evaluates your condition and adjusts your ribs, back and shoulders to reduce pain and promote fast healing.
Contact Us Following Any Auto Accident
Following an auto accident, you may experience immediate discomfort if nerves are compromised, muscles are pulled or joints are misaligned. In some cases, however, you may not experience immediate pain. For example, whiplash, sciatica and herniated discs may all take their time showing symptoms. To prevent lasting pain, we encourage you to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Dewberry as soon as possible. For a convenient and immediate appointment, please call Palms Rehab and Wellness at 954-964-6000.